PISANG (Professional Islamic Support and Nurture Group) is a not-for-profit organisation registered in England. PISANG is a service-oriented organisation and provides services to everyone regardless of religion, sex, age or race. Although we follow Islamic guidelines in providing our services, you do not have to embrace the Islamic faith to benefit from our services.
Pisang has 3 main objectives:
- To promote Pisangtherapy. Pisang believes that some diseases are caused by Jinn (unseen creation of God) and these creatures can cause physical illnesses or psychological changes in human behaviour. The western medical discipline or western psychotherapy methodology do not recognise Jinn can cause illnesses. This is a weakness in their disease diagnosis methodology, making it impossible to give the correct treatment or therapy if the diagnosis itself is wrong. PISANG view that those affected by Jinn can also display a change in behaviour and in most cases will require proper support and therapy. PISANG promotes the use of Pisangtherapy methodology (a combination of Quranic Therapy and psychotherapy) which has no side effect on the patient. This will fasten the path to recovery. We recognise that the amount of knowledge known by man is insignificant compared to the knowledge of Allah.
Meaning: Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid." (Quran 18:109)
Through our research activities, we hope to get new findings that will enable us to continuously develop more effective ways of dealing with mental health problems and bridge western medical discipline and Pisangtherapy. We are also actively promoting our Pisangtherapy methodology to be part of the mainstream psychotherapy methods for treatment of mental health disorders.
- To provide support and nurture. PISANG believes that people can be moulded to be an asset to the community through proper and systematic support and nurture programme. PISANG will use Islamic values and teachings of the mainstream Ahli Sunnah Wal Jamaah in the programme with emphasis on community relations between Muslims and non-Muslims, and the need for Muslims to be proactive in the British community and be partners in nation-building. PISANG promotes a holistic approach of Islam, taking account of various aspects including human capital development, knowledge enhancement, and other disciplines needed for nation-building. This can be an effective method of convincing our youth to think about problem-solving and nation building and move away from unproductive rhetoric that can lead to extremism.
- To provide psychotherapy,counselling and other services. Over the years PISANG has contributed in various aspects to the community:
- Mobilisation of the resident Malay community in the UK to be more pro-active in their local community, regardless of ethnicity or religion. PISANG may contribute to funding activities organised by the resident Malay community in the UK.
- Nurturing Muslim youths
- Intellectual Discourse on Civilisational Islam
- Provide marital counselling
- Provide parenting counselling to single parents
- Leadership training
- Teaching Islam to disconnected (hard-to-reach) Muslim converts
- Counselling for youth with family problems
Registration Number: 06588332
Address: 43 Osprey Close, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 6YH
Tel: 07799 464642